©2013-2020 Offshore Marine Medical Training Institute
ANALGESIA, PROCEDURAL SEDATION AND NEUROMUSCULAR BLOCKADE
This two day course is designed to
improve patient care while lowering
liability. It’s no surprise that offshore
medical staffs have to respond both to
a patient’s immediate needs as well as
possibly having to extend care until
the patient can be safely evacuated.
We will cover four primary areas that
have seen much change in emergency
department and pre-hospital use.
The course objectives cover:
- New pharmaceutical offerings, as well as a review of
- Effective antidotes for those drugs.
- Use of alternatives to narcotics
- Alternative delivery methods
- ASA Levels of sedation
- ASA Patient classification
- Topical, oral, and parenteral pain relief for minor aches and
- Hydration issues that affect medications.
- Procedural Sedation
- Pharmaceutically Assisted Intubation/Rapid Sequence
- Extended use of sedation and neuromuscular blockade in
extended care patients.
- Introduction to bispectral analyzation and "train of four"
- Use of chemical restraint.
This course involves powerpoint lectures, video, and clinical
management of pseudo-clinical patients, using "demo-dose"
drugs. The fee for this course is $295 USD.